Messing around with
As mentioned yesterday, I’m using
chull() to create some stuff.
The basic scheme is:
- Generate a large number of points somehow
- Repeat the following until done:
- Take a small subset of the points
- Draw the convex hull around them.
Extra filtering was done to reject some of the generated convex hulls, i.e.
- Reject those with a large area, as I wanted to use smaller, local hulls
- Reject those with “bad” circularity. i.e. when the ratio of convex hull area to bounding box area was too low
Here’s what happens when a recognizable image is used as a point source.
Creation of Mona Lisa image